It will be a beautiful day today to spend at Whitetail with sunny skies and lots of snow. Also, come out midweek to avoid those long lift lines to get more turns in! We have 13 trails open and 7 lifts in operation, and we …
Month: August 2020
Neshaminy State Park takes its name from Neshaminy Creek, which joins the Delaware at this point. The park measures 339 acres.
Boating is quite popular at Neshaminy State Park, offering 370 marina slips, which are in high demand. There is a swimming pool open in the summer and four miles of hiking trails. Picnicking and fishing are also possible. Nearby is the Playmasters Theatre Workshop, offering entertainment all year round.
The tidal marsh natural area is a 71-acre estuary, encompassing part of the freshwater intertidal zone along the shores of the Delaware River and Neshaminy Creek.
Alpine Mountain offers skiing (21 Trails), snowboarding including a half pipe, and 6 chutes for snow tubing. There is more, including lessons and a full service ski lodge. Located in the Pocono Mountains, Alpine is not one of the larger resorts, but because of that, …
Gifford Pinchot State Park ia a 2,338-acre full service park in northern York County along PA 177 between the towns of Rossville and Lewisberry (near Roundtop Ski Area). The park consists of reverting farm fields and wooded hillsides with the 340-acre Pinchot Lake serving as a prime attraction.
HersheyPark, established in 1907 has some of the wildest rollercoasters around. Built in Chocolate Town for the workers of the Hershey Company, HersheyPark has grown into a huge complex of rides and attractions. My personal favorite, the Great Bear, (an aggressive thrill ride) is a …
This park is nestled in the gap of Tuscarora Mountain. Dedicated in honor of the 15th president of the United States, this narrow, peaceful hollow is the site of James Buchanan’s birthplace. A stone pyramid monument surrounded by majestic conifers stands on the site of …
In 1895 Emmett Swigart began collecting automobiles while selling insurance. By 1935 his collection got so big he had to look for a larger building to house his cars and decided to move his insurance practice along with it.
He bought a large home and refurbished it with salvaged parts from old Phhiladelphia homes, making display areas for his now growing collection of license plates.
By the time of his death he had preserved 12 cars,nurmerous hood ornaments, name plates, license plates.
The only interested party was William, of his children, the renamed the collection the Swigart Motor Museum and in 1957 moved it to it’s present location.
William continue to grow the collection until his death in 2000. At this time the museum is now a non-profit and contains more than 140 cars.